Friday, July 24, 2009

MacDaddy of Dresses ;)

Today was "Show us your dress" day over at Kelly's Korner (http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/07/show-us-your-life-wedding-dress.html). Who doesn't LOVE to show off their wedding dress?!? I am hopping on this bandwagon. :)

I got married at the Nashville Zoo in the bamboo garden on September 15, 2007. It was (and always will be) one the most amazing days of my life. Nothing could have messed this day up--I was sooooo excited to be marrying my best friend.

Anyway, my dress was FAB-U-LOUS. It was made by Pronovias and created in Spain. It was a champagne/gold color and fit me perfectly. I bought it at The White Room in Lebanon (after going to 20 different places in 2 different states) and knew as soon as I put it on--and finally took it off and hour later--that it was THE DRESS. It was just classic and I loved everything about it.

Now, I just have to lose the baby weight so I can fit into it again. My friends and I always talk about wanting to have a yearly "wedding dress" party so we can all wear them again. Ha ha ha.
Enjoy! :)


Our First dance



Walking to the ceremony
The dress

Our downtown shoot

With my baby boy

You know I couldn't have standard wedding photos! ;)

With my son and my Daddy. I love this photo (my father passed away last October)

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE your dress. It is do elegent. I think that traditional wedding pictures can get so boring. I wish that I would have had some that we different like yours.

Cheryl

Tara G. said...

A stunning bride!

Jessica Jones said...

I got married on the same day! It was 3:00 and gorgeous outside! I couldnt have asked for a prettier day :)

Candy Howard said...

That dress was perfect - for you, on you! Gorgeous!

TrickyKnits...Yes, she does. said...

What a beautiful dress, Brooke! You look stunning in it! And I love the shot of you two in front of the Asian Market!

Kate Andrews said...

I love the shot of you and Ian and your Dad! It brought tears to my eyes. I was so sorry to hear of his passing! He was always so funny ans nice to me when I was little. This is a beautiful shot, one, I am sure you will treasure forever! I also think that little Averie will treasure it, as with it being her big brother and her Mom and a man I am sure she has already heard so much about!