Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dropping everything...

This week has been one of the worst weeks I've had in a really long time. It will go down as one if the worst ever, actually. Sometimes when these storms roll in you have to figure out how to pick yourself up and keep pushing along.

This morning, we woke up at my house and decided to drop everything.
I had tons of work to catch up on. 
Our house is a wreck.
We needed to go to the grocery store.
We needed to get so. many. things. done.
But we just said screw it.

Instead, we got in the car and headed to the zoo. It may not seem like that is a big deal, but trust me--it was. The Nashville Zoo is extremely significant to our family.  We were one of the first families there this morning and spent several hours walking, laughing, enjoying each other...just the 4 of us. It was so nice to be there so early when there were no crowds and the animals were playful. The day was beautiful, our kids behaved perfectly (for once), and it was a tiny bit of healing that I needed this week.









Standing in the spot where we got married... September 15, 2007.
















It was a good day.

5 comments:

katntheboyz said...

Love these pictures. Love that you got to spend a day with your family :-) You are amazing! Kat

KarlaJean77 said...

sorry to hear it was such a bad week :( hope things improve soon! Great pictures...your kids both look soo grown up! Time flies...you look beautiful and I always love to see how much you guys all love one another! Here is hoping for a fabulous next week :)

Kate Andrews said...

These are great pics and I TOTALLY get the needed to recharge thing....I think I may take your cue and head to the Zoo next week, perhaps alone! Ha!

Also....you are looking really skinny! I haven't seen you in person in, oh, ten years, maybe but from a picture standpoint, you are lookin' good lady!! (That you looked bad before, though!)

Nicole Elliott said...

LOVE this post!!!
So glad you had this day, and so glad it brought you happiness!
I especially love the pictures in bamboo garden, the camel pic, and the one of you and Averie together. (I know I say this a lot, but dang, she is getting so BIG!)

I love you...and I hope you have many more days like this!

chesley said...

so sorry you had a bad week!! i know the feeling all too well! good for you for dropping it all & doing what really matters! hope this week is much much better!!!