Friday, December 2, 2011

Starting 2012... some changes

This past year my business has grown faster than I could have ever imagined. It's all because you all have been the best clients and passed my name along to everyone you know and I am so very grateful. You are the reason I get to do what I love and I am beyond blessed to be trusted with your kids, your love, and your friendship.

As many of you have noticed recently, I am booking months in advance and I am turning down a lot of clients. I honestly feel terrible having to say no to so many of you and I have struggled so much with what I need to do not only for my business, but with my personal life as well. It is extremely difficult to find a good balance and I am still working on that.

After weighing lots of options, I have decided to cut back on taking NEW clients for 2012.  I will continue taking weddings, maternity, boudoir, etc., but I will only be taking newborns when it comes to NEW child clients. There are several reasons I have decided to do this and I would like to explain:

*I love, love, love photographing newborns and watching them grow!
*Most newborns do my first year package and I have to have spots available for these clients that come in every 3 months. This is another reason I am consistently booking so far out.
*I am constantly turning down newborns and I feel that those first days of life are one of the times that need to be captured most.
*I need to have time available for regular clients that have been coming to me for years and this will help that issue as well.

If you are a current client, this does not apply to you.  (Please continue coming back!!) I am anticipating still booking around 3 months in advance, so please take that into consideration in planning your sessions. I will also still be offering my referral program.

I feel like I repeat myself every year around this time, but in all sincerity I have no words to express my gratitude to you all. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for coming into my life and allowing me into yours. Thank you for your understanding and your support.

♥♥♥


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hoping you find your balance :)

Love you and your amazing talent!

KarlaJean77 said...

Good for you! It is important to focus on the important things! You are especially talented with the little ones and I am glad to hear you will be focusing on that super special and important work!