Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cadence, 19 days: Nashville Newborn Photographer {Middle TN Newborn Photographer}

Beautiful, sweet, perfect Cadence has had quite a rough road since she was born 19 days ago. At just 2 days old, she was diagnosed with Duodenal Atresia.    

("Basically, the portion that connects her stomach to her intestine (the duodenum) was not fully formed, so the contents of her stomach were blocked off from her intestines. ")

She was immediately transferred from Baptist to Vanderbilt and underwent surgery to repair her intestines. Her family (and my friends) have had a very emotional and scary couple of weeks, but I am very happy to say that Cadence finally got to come home this past weekend and it doing great!!

Needless to say, I was extremely excited to meet this girl. I was a little worried that she would not like to be posed because she is a little older than my usual sessions and because of her surgical area, but Cadence proved me wrong. She did amazing today and I loved snuggling her!

Jenny & Erik (& Gavyn)--thank you for bringing her to see me today!!
It was hard to pick favorites.  :)










Mommy wanted a shot of that battle scar. Such a strong girl!













6 comments:

KarlaJean77 said...

these are all amazing!!! what a beautiful little girl! and the sister shots are perfect!

Nicole Elliott said...

I LOVE all these...and love everyone involved in this shoot...photographer and subjects!!!
The sister shots are so sweet and who doesn't love the frog pose ;)
I can't even imagine the things that Gavyn is going to teach Cadence :)

Candy Howard said...

Just beautiful! What adorable girls! So glad to hear Cadence is doing well!

Unknown said...

These just warmed my heart! It's a beautiful battle scar! What a brave little one and family!
Many prayers for continued health!

Shannon Nelson Photography said...

Awwww ! Glad she is doing better. Love her little battle scar.

Unknown said...

So excited for these beautiful pics! I love the battle scar pic and sister shots completely melt me. You guys make pretty little girls :)