Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sasha Alexandria, A Birth Story: Nashville Birth Photographer {Middle TN Birth Photographer}

Six years ago today, Mitch and Lauren met at my wedding. Last night, I had the honor of watching them bring their baby girl into the world. 

Lauren's water broke around 11:00AM on Friday and I was so excited when I got the call. She and Mitch walked for hours trying to get labor started and finally went to the hospital around 2:00AM on Saturday  morning. I went in around 9:00AM when she was at 5cm. This is their story...














I can't adequately put into words how beautiful it was to watch Lauren. She was so exhausted and so strong. She barely made any sounds during her contractions and was in her own little zone. She was so quiet that you had to watch the most subtle little hand movements or breaths to see that she was working so very hard. She had to be on pitocin to help get things moving since her water had been broken for so long. 

However, after she got to 7cm she was able to turn it off and get back into the tub. Her nurses and doctor were all amazing in helping her get the birth she had envisioned.




After being stuck at 8cm for hours (and 27 hours after her water had broken) she decided she needed relief and finally was able to rest after her epidural. She was such a champion.





4.5 hours after her epidural, it was time to push! 







At 8:55PM, Sasha Alexandria made her entrance into the world...







Watching this moment-- Lauren meet her baby girl-- was indescribable. Then I turned to see her mom and sister and I lost it even more. These people are my second family and I am so very lucky to have been a part of this day.






Mitch was an incredible support for his girls and I loved to capture their love.





This is what it's all about...
















Mitch and Lauren--welcome to parenthood! Thank you, thank you, thank you for trusting me to document Sasha's birthday. I love you guys!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!!! What am amazing birth story...cannot wait to watch Sasha grow up!! Welcome to the world beautiful girll. xoxo

Nicole Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Elliott said...

Yup, bawling all over again! So beautiful!!! I'm so thankful and blessed to be a part of this day too!
Lauren and Mitch did an amazing job and Sasha could not be any more perfect!!!!!! I love her!!! <3

Candy Howard said...

Love, love, love these! Each one more precious than the last...and Nicole with her mom watching..good grief...that is beyond beautiful.