Sunday, May 25, 2014

Atticus Knox, A Birth Story: Nashville Birth Photographer {Middle TN Birth Photographer}

My best friend was due with her second baby boy 5 days ago. He has been pretty tricky and we have thought he may be on his way a couple of times already. Yesterday, CC said she felt different and her contractions had changed. So, I went to her house for a bit while she was laboring. We went for a little walk outside and she called her doctor. Around 3:00PM, she decided it was time to go to the hospital!



She very much wanted to go for a VBAC and labored all through night (she was such a champion--no pain meds). After breaking her water and trying pitocin for several hours (and still never getting past 1cm) the decision was made to have another c-section around 4:30AM. It was time to meet this baby boy!!!


















This was where we parted ways for a short time, but her hubby took these inside the OR.







Atticus Knox was born at 7:14AM.


21.5 inches


Absolutely perfect.


I love his little hand sticking up in the shot below. 
It's like he was saying "Hey Dad!! I'm finally here!"



When Lee brought him up to the nursery window, I was a goner.




























I love him so, so, so, so much that it's making my heart burst! I miss him already and can't wait to go back tomorrow when he gets to meet his big brother.


Candace--you are absolutely incredible. Your strength and determination are inspiring. You are such a wonderful momma to BOTH of your boys. 

You have two babies. 
Ahhhhh!!!!!

Thank you for letting me be a part of today.


I love you.




UPDATE: May 26



Candace wanted a day to recover from surgery before bringing Harrison to the hospital to meet his baby brother. We made sure no one else was in the room when he came in to see them, but he was still a little out of sorts and unsure what was going on (and why Momma was in the hospital bed). He did finally show a bit of interest in his baby brother and was pointing out his toes, his hair, and his nose. I know that they are going to be best friends and I can't wait to watch their bond grow. How I love this family of four!!!



























No comments: