Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Easton Allen, A Birth Story: Nashville Birth Photographer {Middle TN Birth Photographer}


Amanda had to be induced yesterday morning at 37 weeks because her little guy was estimated to be very underweight and everyone thought it was best to get him out just to make sure there weren't any issues. I sat patiently by my phone waiting for things to progress all day. 

After getting ready to leave the studio later in the afternoon, I texted Amanda to say that I could either go ahead to the hospital or drive through to rush hour to go home. Even though she was only 3 at her last check, her hubby Matthew answered and opted for me to go ahead to the hospital. Let me just tell you how glad I am that we made that decision...


When I arrived, Amanda had just been checked again and was 5-6 cm dilated. She had just gotten her epidural and was finally able to get a bit of rest.








 That is big brother Ryland. He was telling everyone that he was going to meet his baby brother Easton today!




Amanda started feeling lots of pain again, so the anesthesiologist came back in to give her an extra dose to help.



The nurse had been having Amanda switch which side she was laying on every 20 minutes to help and try to get the baby to turn face down. (Keep in mind, it had not even been an hour since I arrived.) 

When she came to have Amanda turn the opposite direction, she decided to check her since she had been having "a little" pressure. She was fully dilated and the doctor was paged! Matthew went to inform the family in the waiting room that Amanda was going to start pushing... 



Except she never got the chance to push! 

Literally seconds later, the nurse pulled the sheet back to remove the catheter and baby Easton came right out with it. Dad wasn't in the room. The doctor wasn't in the room. It was SO FAST. There was a baby boy just laying on the bed.

This was that moment....










After some chaos and the nurse yelling down the hall for help, several other nurses/techs (I'm not sure who was who) were in the room. 


Luckily, all was well and Matthew came back in the room after running down the hall to see what the commotion was about. He walked in and said, "Are you kidding me?!?"


Amanda was in complete shock and then baby bliss hit her.






A quick check and Easton was perfect.






 Amanda's doctor couldn't believe it either, but she was so wonderful and excited to meet Easton.



What a beautiful boy!!





It was time for Easton to meet his big brother. Ryland was so excited...for about 60 seconds 
(then he wanted to go back to playing--ha ha). 

Those first moments were beyond precious...








 Time to meet more of the family. I just love the love in these shots!





Dad finally gets his hands on his new son.









This last image pretty much sums it up. This is what it's all about...





Amanda & Matthew, thank you for allowing me to take part in Easton's birthday. What a story!!! I definitely will never forget it and I know you won't either. I'm so excited for your family and I can't wait to see you all again next week for his newborn photos. Hope you love his birth story images!!

xoxo




No comments: