Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ian Gabriel, 15: WHAT?!? {15 year photo shoot}



When this baby boy was placed into my arms for the first time, I knew I was meant to be a mom. 
His mom.

He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. Something in my heart opened up the moment our eyes locked. I didn't know that kind of connection existed. He was my everything.




Today he is 15. 

I don't even know how that happened. I was just chasing him around the house playing pirates and matchbox cars. Who is this guy that likes to workout and looks so grown?  



This kid still slays me. He's so goofy and not afraid to make a fool of himself with me. We still have dance parties in the car and laugh our butts off together.  He now towers over me and thinks that's awesome.





It's a strange experience to watch him grow up. On one hand, I am so proud of this incredible child I have. I don't know how he has turned out to be so amazing. He is pure goodness from the inside out.


On the other hand, this whole being the mother of a teenager thing is a terrifying experience. What the hell am I doing?!?!


I always tell him how lucky I am to be his mother. He amazes me every day. He annoys me every day.  He's the best protective big brother (most days). I am still wondering how 15 years have passed so quickly, but it also feels like an eternity. 



 Happy Birthday, Ian. 
You're my favorite boy in the whole wide world.




No comments: