Monday, August 24, 2015

Ellie Elizabeth, A Birth Story: Nashville Birth Photographer {C-section birth story} {Middle TN Birth Photographer} {Rainbow baby}


This morning, I woke up before the sun with so much anticipation. One year ago, I was with Chris and Melissa at the same hospital as they delivered and said goodbye to their second son in two years (read more here).  Today, they finally get to meet their miracle baby. I was so ready to celebrate this new life with them, to document the moment they have been waiting so long for...

The day began with a beautiful sunrise.




 This was the last bandaid after over 220 shots that Melissa had to endure over the course of her pregnancy. 




 Melissa's father led an emotional prayer for guidance and safety during the surgery that would bring their baby girl into the world.







 We parted ways as she was wheeled into the OR, but I sent my camera with their wonderful nurse, Katie, who captured the next few images. 








Welcome Ellie Elizabeth...













Then, I got to meet Melissa in the recovery room and capture this sweet girl.








These are my favorite images from the day. Melissa couldn't hold it in any longer and let the floodgates open. She is so full of strength and grace. I was humbled and honored to document these moments.










After a few hours in recovery, it was time to go upstairs and prepare for big sisters, Presley and Georgia to meet their baby sister! Anyone who knows Melissa shouldn't be surprised with the spread she prepared for this moment. ;)





The girls were SO excited and adorable meeting Ellie!!
























Melissa and Chris, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of the next step in your journey. I am beyond thrilled for you both and can't express how much today meant to me. Miss Ellie has no idea how much she is loved and wanted. I am so excited to watch her grow up with her sisters. Can't wait to see you all next week!!

xoxo



No comments: